Ever find yourself mindlessly snacking on something in your pantry you didn’t even really want?
It’s time to throw out your junk food in a dramatic blaze of glory so you’ll stick to your convictions.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you clean out the pantry once and for all, replace that junk food with healthy alternatives that will jump start your path to a healthier YOU!
Be Courageous: You’re About to Make Some Difficult Choices
Before we get started, the first thing you’ll need to do is summon as much courage as possible. To make change like this stick requires doing it in a dramatic way so you won’t be tempted to just slip into your old habits, and educating yourself so you have healthy options that hit the same places on your palate that are served by the otherwise awful food you may have in your fridge or pantry.
HOW TO CLEAN-OUT YOUR KITCHEN:
Throw Out the Junk, Over-Processed, Unhealthy Food That’s Holding Your Health Hostage
- Head into the kitchen, and get a large trash bag. Get ready to throw out your awful food!
- Begin with your Pantry.
- Toss anything that is expired (or expiring within the next 3 months)
- Throw out all of your Obviously Terrible food (Candy, chips, cookies, soda, sugar, laden fruit juice—all of it.) LITERALLY THROW IT, CHUCK IT, DUNK EACH ONE – it will feel GOOD!
- For questionable items…Learn How To Read a Nutrition Label, and use them to decide what to keep (If you don’t often read the labels on the food you buy and eat, start now, and use them to help you decide what to keep and what to throw out. I’ve listed some tips below)
- Approach the foods you used to think of as okay for you with a new eye, flip them over, and decide based on the label. Odds are you’ll be surprised.
- Do the same for your Fridge & Freezer.
- Next time you go grocery shopping, do not replace or restock these items. Instead create a list of healthy, whole, and unprocessed items.
Examples of foods to GET OUT OF YOUR KITCHEN:
- Everything that is expired OR that will expire in 3 months time
- Prepackaged/Proccessed foods (chips, crackers, cereals, granola bars, etc)
- Baked goods (bread, leftover christmas cookies, birthday cake, etc)
- Soda, fruit juice
- Anything high in sugar (chocolate chips, candy, dried fruits, snack mix)
- Frozen pizza or frozen packaged dinners (I don’t care if they are ‘organic’ or ‘lite’)
- Condiments (high in sugar or unknown ingredients)
- Anything that’s going to stop you or slow you from achieving your GOALS! (Some items might actually be considered healthy BUT you know you have a tendency to binge/overeat them. Do yourself a favor and remove those foods)
For the overachievers: Go through your spice cabinet and throw out any old dried out spices, take inventory, write a list of some you may want to restock and new ones to try!
ONCE YOU COMPLETE THIS KITCHEN CLEAN OUT TELL ME WHAT YOU REMOVED!
>Comment on this post and tell me what you got rid of.
>Include a picture of those items in the trash!
I’m not there with you, so I can’t force you to throw it out, but I will give you this advice:
If you place the items in the trash just for the sake of completing the homework but you then continue to keep them in your home YOU ARE ONLY LYING TO YOURSELF.