Sleep can either enhance or reduce your quality your #little life!!
Sleep is essential for FAT LOSS and MUSCLE BUILDING as well as energy, hormone regulation, healthy digestion, immunity, recovery, and more!
What happens when you have bad sleep?
- out of whack hormones (which contributes to everything below)
- Bad digestion (bloating, constipation)
- Inability to fully recover from training (leads to overtraining)
- Increased risk of getting sick
- Fat gain and Muscle loss
- Increased insulin resistance
How to get good sleep:
- Aim for 7-8 hours
- reduce blue light & electronics at least an hour before bed (adjust settings on your phone and try blue light blocking glasses.
- Reduce caffeine throughout the day and limit after a certain time ( like no caffeine after 3pm)
- Supplements like zinc, magnesium, melatonin and CBD. Do your research before adding these!
- Adjust your thermostat so that you sleep in a cool environment
- Black out curtains and turn off all sources of light (no tv! no night lights!)
- Turn of the wifi. This will prevent you from staying up too late scrolling Instagram!